People tend to fall asleep more often at high-speeds on long, boring stretches of road after many hours spent behind the wheel.
Signs You Need a Nap
How can you ensure you don’t become a sleepyhead behind the wheel?
- Your eyes go out of focus by themselves and you battle to see properly.
- You can’t stop yawning.
- You lose track of time.
- You battle to keep an even speed and keep drifting out of your lane.
- You don’t remember driving the last few miles.
- Stop for at least 10 minutes after every two hours of driving.
- Always get a good night’s sleep before you drive.
- Don’t depend on coffee or drugs to keep you awake.
- Keep your eyes moving, by checking your mirrors regularly.
- Don’t drive with the heater blowing in your face, as it will make you sleepy.
- Don’t drive with the interior light on as it strains your eyes and distorts your vision.