- You are over the legal if you have a blood alcohol concentration above 0.05 grams per 100 millilitres.
- 50% of people who die on South African roads are over the legal limit.
With cops cracking down on South African roads, there’s no reason to take any chances over the festive season.
- It’s against the law to refuse a blood test or breathalyser.
- If convicted of a drink driving offence, you face a fine of anything from R2 000 – R180 000 or a two-year prison sentence, or both. You may also lose your driver's licence, or have it suspended. And, of course, you will have a criminal record!
- For a first offence a driver's licence is suspended for at least six months. For a second offence a driver's licence is suspended for a period of at least five years. For a third offence a driver's licence is suspended for at least ten years
- The legal limit has been determined to be the equivalent of approximately two beers or a single spirit shot however there are various factors which may influence the uptake of alcohol.
- You cannot calculate your alcohol limit – so don’t even try! There isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer to how much is safe to drink because this all depends on the amount and type of alcohol, what you’ve eaten recently, how fast you are drinking, your weight, sex, age and metabolism.
- Nothing gets alcohol out of the body except TIME. No coffee. No cold showers. No Red Bull. No water. No running around the block.
- The only safe course is NOT to drink and drive
Choose the smart way home:
Good Fellas: 0861 433 552
Road Trip: 087 943 8671
Toot-N-Scoot: 086 111 2374
Smart Guyz: 0861 762 786
Nite Owls: 0861 6483 695
Buddys Designated Drivers: 0861 28 33 97