• Personalise your bag with a bold sticker or ribbon, especially if it’s a common type of bag or a black one.
• When packing, keep the most useful stuff on the top. Keep your valuables in your carry-on luggage, and ensure your jewellery, wallet and other small valuable items are in inside compartments, so they’re harder to steal. Keep prescription medication on you in case your luggage gets lost, and if you have space, pack a change of clothes and underwear.
• Want to pack lighter? Take samples or mini sizes of toiletries, lint rollers and fabric refreshers for clothing that can be re-worn, and neutral clothes that can be mixed and matched.
Luggage perfectly geared to easy packing
• On a long drive or flight, take at least one battery pack for your phone or iPad. Solar charging devices are also fantastic if you don’t have access to electricity.
• To minimise the hassle at airport security, have all the electronics that you’ll need to take out your bag close by, or at the top of your case.
• To maximise space in any of your bags, roll your clothes up – don’t fold them.
• If you have a lot of cables and electrical devices, a bag with various compartments is your best option. Another idea is to separate them and store them in various Ziploc bags.
For luggage perfectly geared to easy packing, shop Thule's new online site at https://thulestore.co.za